HomeThe Prove-it Initiative: moratorium on new wireless
The Prove-it Initiative: moratorium on new wireless
Subject: The Prove-it Initiative: moratorium on new wireless
Dear Mr. President:
As one of many concerned citizens, I am respectfully asking you to immediately issue an executive order staying the deployments of all new public wireless technologies, including:
* Wireless smart meters and smart grid technologies.
* Super WiFi, SuperGig and all new public broadband deployments of digital, modulated, or pulsed microwave signals, especially in the 600 MHz range.
* Fourth generation (4G) cellular network deployments.
These technologies have never been tested for health effects and the potential for harm from these and other wireless technologies is significant and growing:
* There are now more than 5000 scientific studies linking biological changes and effects with low-level exposures from microwave/ radio frequency radiation used in wireless signals.
* More than 165 biological effects, diseases and symptoms have been associated with weak electromagnetic fields (EMF) and low-level microwave signals below existing federally mandated standards.
There has been an unprecedented increase in at least 19 disease groups in the past 25 years and no one can explain why. Meanwhile the most significant environmental change has been the proliferation of microwaves.
* The FCC standards for protection of the American people from microwave radiation are among the weakest in the world, having been developed in the 1950s by engineers and physicists without biological consideration.
* Current US standards are designed only to protect humans from heating - the so-called thermal effect - caused by high levels of microwaves/ radio frequencies.
* Standards for low-levels of microwaves/ radio-frequencies have never been established in the US.
We respectfully ask you to work with Congress to enact federal legislation to:
* Allocate funds to thoroughly test these new wireless technologies for health safety.
* Appoint a Blue-ribbon commission to review the science, such as the BioInitiative Report and establish more prudent safety standards for public exposures to microwave and radio-frequency radiation from wireless.
123 Your St.
Yousville, YO 12345
Your Personal Statement